Renting the Schoolhouse
The Gramercy Schoolhouse is ideal for receptions, celebrations, meals, educational events, or displays.
The space is less well suited for events with large, seated audiences, but it can be rented in conjunction with the sanctuary of the church next door and/or the church’s Andersen Hall, which features a stage.
Located at 277 Park Ave. South (between 21st and 22nd st.), the Gramercy Schoolhouse venue is Landmarked as part of the Gramercy Park Historic District. It is 2 blocks from the Flatiron building and Madison Square Park. Union Square is 5 blocks away.
This is a residential and commercial area, lively day and night, weekdays and weekends. Here’s a New York Times article on the area.
There is a 6 line subway stop on the corner. Two blocks to the west, there is a Q/R stop. Subway Map
- The main floor event space is approximately 1,300 net, usable square feet. Moveable walls can enclose 550 square feet of that, leaving a gracious lobby.
- The mezzanine is approximately 375 square feet.
- Floorplans (PDF)
- Adjacent to the Schoolhouse, there is a basement prep/storage area (approx. 300 SF) with a commercial sink.
- There is a Click Rail system for hanging decorations or materials for display.
- The main floor contains a 100″ (diagonal) projection screen.
Click here to read more about the history and the architecture of the building.
Contact: Jeremy Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-364-8456 for more information.