We are preparing for the 2012-2013 school year and we would like to share important information with you so that you too can be ready for the upcoming school year.
All three forms must be filled out for new AND returning students.
- The Medical Form: This form must be filled out by your child’s doctor. It must be returned to EINY on the first day of school, at the latest – Friday, September 7, 2012.
- The Contact and Authorization form: This must be submitted no later than the 1st day of school also.
- Lunch program enrollment form: Please fill it out and return it to us as soon as possible so that we can have an accurate meal count. The lunch program begins on the 1st day of school.
Another important matter that we would like to share is the new school hours for 2012-2013.
School hours are as follows:
- Preschool: 8:30am to 3:15pm
- Elementary: 8:20am to 3:25pm
The hours of FUN’ei, our after school program are as follows:
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Activities run from 3:25pm to 4:10pm
- Daycare will run until 6:30pm
Elementary study hall/activities
- 3:35pm to 4:15pm: mandatory Study Hall*
- 4:15pm to 5pm: activity #1
- 5:10pm to 5:55pm: activity #2
- Childcare is available until 6:30pm
*study hall will operate 3:35pm to 5:10pm everyday with certified French/English teachers.
Childcare and study hall will start the first day of school on August 30, 2012.
The Fall Session of extracurricular activities will start during the week of September 10th. The After School Program brochure will be sent to parents on Monday, August 27, 2012.
Based on your feedback, our after school program will run by semester. You will only have to go through the enrollment process twice per year. Activities and private music lessons will run from September to mid-January then mid-January through June.
Please remember that our Open House/Orientation for all students, parents and teachers will be held Wednesday, August 29, 2012, from 3pm to 5pm. The children and their parents will be able to meet their teachers and see their classrooms.
If you cannot attend this event, we will see you on Thursday, August 30, 2012.
First Day of School
The first day of school is Thursday, August 30, 2012.
We look forward to seeing all students at:
- 8:20am for Elementary students — 3rd floor MPR
- 8:30am for Nursery, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten – 2nd floor
Curriculum Presentation nights (parents only)
Curriculum Presentation Nights are meetings where teachers present to parents the curriculum of their respective classes. The presentations will begin at 6pm and end by 7:15pm. This year, the meetings will be held as follows:
- Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 6PM – Nursery, Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st grade and 4th grade
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012, at 6PM – 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade and 5th Grade
Dates to remember:
- Wednesday, August 29, 2012, from 3PM to 5PM: Open House for all students, parents, faculty and staff
- Thursday, August 30, 2012: The first day of school
- Monday, September 3rd: Labor Day – School closed
- Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 6PM: Curriculum Presentation Night for Nursery, Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st grade and 4th grade
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012, at 6PM: Curriculum Presentation Night for 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade and 5th Grade